Applications for Front Line Facilitators are now open!
Our highly successful creative practitioner programme is for people
aged 18+, offering advanced hands-on experience in creative facilitation and
the chance to develop key transferable skills.
Over 12 sessions, you will experience practical facilitation
training from The Old Vic Education & Community team and guest creative
practitioners, as you learn about different workshop delivery practices.
Areas of training will include:
• Communication and presentation
• Practical facilitation skills
• Writing and creating workshop plans
• Behaviour Management
• CV and Interview skills
This free programme will help you hone your own delivery style and
build your own toolkit of techniques and exercises. Your training will culminate
with you devising and delivering your own workshop alongside your fellow Front
Line Facilitators. All facilitators will be paid a fee for their final
You will also observe an Education & Community workshop,
connect with an Old Vic mentor, and watch an Old Vic production.
How to Apply
We understand that everyone is different and we want you to apply in whichever way you feel best shows your skills and experience. There are a range of ways that you can apply with us:
- 1. Sending a short video file of yourself (no longer than two minutes in length), detailing Why you want to take part in Front Line Facilitator programme? What interests you about theatre or leading workshops? What do you hope to learn from the experience?
- 2. Sending a short audio file of yourself (no longer than two minutes in length), detailing Why you want to take part in Front Line Facilitator programme? What interests you about theatre or leading workshops? What do you hope to learn from the experience?
- 3. Completing our application form.
All appointments are made subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The closing date for this placement is Sunday, 30 January 2022 at 11:59pm.
A selection workshop will take place on either 22 or 23 February 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to attend weekly sessions on Tuesday evenings from 08 Mar–24 May 6 – 8:30pm
We actively support and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets to join us and help shape what we do. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of the global majority, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse and disabled candidates.
We may take positive action, in cases where candidates are equally qualified, to increase the employment of under-represented groups at The Old Vic.
In the event that we ask you to attend the theatre for a conversation and you are struggling financially, we may be able to reimburse you for any reasonable travel costs.
We partner with a range of inclusive organisations, to find out more please read our FAQs.
Read our recruitment and selection and equal opportunities FAQs here.