Responsible to: Head of Finance
Location: Flexible mix of home working and from The Old Vic, 103 The Cut, London, SE1 8NB
Hours: Full-Time - [40 hours per week, Monday-Friday]
The Old Vic offers the ability to work these flexibly under the guidelines in our New Ways of Working policy. Additional hours may be necessary in order to fulfil the requirements of the post
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Direct reports: Finance Assistant
The purpose of the post is to lead the transactional finance service for The Old Vic Theatre group. The Transactions Manager will be responsible for the management of Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) functions across the group. They will manage the payment of invoices in a cost effective and accurate basis. They will raise invoices on a timely basis and be responsible for credit control.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience within AP and AR, working in a fast-paced high-volume AP department at a senior level. Ability to review and update processes as well as the ability to reconcile complex accounts.
The Finance team is led by the Finance Director and also includes Head of Finance, Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, Management Accountant, Payroll Advisor, Payroll Assistant and Finance Assistant.
Areas of responsibility
The Transactions Manager will be responsible for:
- All AP & AR processes and prioritising workload
- Owning relationships with vendors and the daily banking relationship with HSBC.
- Maintaining relationships with departments to ensure invoices are raised and coded correctly and outstanding debtors are communicated.
- Monitoring AP and AR functions by volume, costs and relevant KPI and setting targets
- Developing, implementing, improving, and communicating policies and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensuring any Supplier Statements are reconciled on a regular basis and working with suppliers to resolve discrepancies.
- Carrying out fortnightly payment run and providing information regarding future payment run requirements.
- Set up and verification of new suppliers; review and approval of any supplier bank account changes.
- Management of Intercompany AP & AR ledger and monthly resolution of differences.
- Responsible for month end reconciliation to ledger and reporting of aged creditor and debtor report to departments and the Head of Finance.
- Ownership of the purchase order workflow and training new users.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and the Theatre's management may, at any time, allocate other tasks which are of a similar nature or level.
- Previous experience of processing financial transactions.
- Previous experience of using IT and accounting software.
- A flexible and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being able to work collaboratively.
- Experience of training, developing and supporting a high performing team(s) who are able to respond effectively to the operational environment
- Strong background in a high-volume transactional finance role
- Excellent excel spreadsheet skills
- Experience in manipulating data
- Ability to quickly understand and follow complex systems and procedures
- Proven track record of building professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply
We understand that everyone is different and we want you to apply in whichever way you feel best shows your skills and experience. There are a range of ways that you can apply with us:
- 1. Sending a short video file of yourself (no longer than two minutes in length), detailing your experience, why you are applying for the role and what about working at The Old Vic interests you.
- 2. Sending a short audio file of yourself (no longer than two minutes in length), detailing your experience, why you are applying for the role and what about working at The Old Vic interests you.
- 3. Completing our application form.
- 4. Uploading your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and working at the Old Vic.
The Old Vic has made a commitment that all applicants with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for this job will be invited to interview.
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The recruitment process for this role will be one stage
- A virtual conversation.
- You will be asked to complete a work based skills assessment.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 30 January, 11:59pm. A virtual conversation is likely to take place w/c 7 February.
We actively support and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets to join us and help shape what we do. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of the global majority, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse and disabled candidates.
We may take positive action, in cases where candidates are equally qualified, to increase the employment of under-represented groups at The Old Vic.
In the event that we ask you to attend the theatre for a conversation and you are struggling financially, we may be able to reimburse you for any reasonable travel costs.
We partner with a range of inclusive organisations, to find out more please read our FAQs.
Read our recruitment and selection and equal opportunities FAQs here.