Altum Consulting is proud to be partnering The Old Vic, a unique and historic theatre in its search for a new Finance Director on a permanent basis.
The Old Vic is an independent creative powerhouse for entertainment and education, with a strong social mission, whose purpose is to enable anyone to experience, make and benefit from theatre. Using theatre as a driving force for social good, with a focus on making it as accessible as possible, The Old Vic has a turnover of circa £20 million per annum.
The Finance Director role will work closely with the Senior Management team and the Board, as well as having overall responsibility for developing The Old Vic’s financial strategy and financial risk management. It is an exciting time to join The Old Vic, with the redevelopment project, The Annex, underway offering an integrated space for our education and community work.
- Managing a finance team of nine through two direct reports: a Head of Finance and Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Leading on financial strategy and budget setting for the organisation
- Influencing a business-partnering culture within finance
- Preparing consolidated financial statements and statutory accounts for the separate entities and ensure a successful year-end audit
- Meeting reporting requirements in relation to funding and loans
- Ensuring cash-flow is compatible with company operations
- Ensuring strong and effective financial controls are in place, identifying cost savings and analysing financial risk
- Informing business decisions through insightful financial analysis
The ideal candidate for the role will:
- Be a qualified accountant with significant experience leading a financial function. This could be within the arts, charity or commercial sectors; although arts experience welcome, it is not essential.
- Have experience presenting financial information to the Board and for funders
- Have a keen interest in performing arts and demonstrate the Old Vic’s values throughout their work including creativity, excellence, inclusion and custodianship
- Demonstrate an ability to contribute to The Old Vic’s core artistic, commercial, digital, diversity, sustainability and wellbeing aims
- Have demonstrable experience applying financial accounting to complex financial models
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships outside of finance while keeping the finance team motivated and engaged
- Have a strategic mind and the ability to contribute in board meetings while also having strong technical skills and the ability and willingness to contribute across all areas of finance
Altum is managing the first stages of this process and will start conducting first stage interviews from week commencing March 13th. There will be a technical exercise prior to the first stage of interviews. Final stage interviews will be held by the Executive Director at the Old Vic week commencing April 3rd. We are also recruiting for the interim Finance Director to provide cover between the outgoing FD and the newly appointed for period of 4-6 months. If you are available from April and interested in the interim, please take a look at the advert here.
To register your interest please get in touch today.
- Our teams
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
The Old Vic
About The Old Vic
The Old Vic is London’s independent not-for-profit theatre, a world leader in creativity and entertainment.
The Old Vic, 103 The Cut, London SE1 8NB.
Already working at The Old Vic?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.